Sep 4, 2017
Subscribe to Podcastification
| Stitcher |
Google Play |
iHeart Radio |
Podcast promotion is a hot topic these days... but do you see
it as a form of content marketing?
Everybody (naturally) wants more eyes on their show’s cool cover
art and more ears listening to their show. But I have to give you
the hard truth about podcast promotion. There’s no silver
bullet. There probably never will be. Like anything else
in life that’s worth doing, you have to dedicate yourself to
learning how to do it well.
- You don’t get returns without investment.
- You don’t get crops without planting seeds and cultivating
- You don’t get bulging muscles without some kind of exercise
And you don’t get huge download numbers without some
kind of dedicated, well-planned promotion of your
This episode is a deep-dive into content marketing for podcast
Here’s a rough outline of Podcast Promotion as Content
- [1:30] We all need to know how to promote our podcasts
- [2:36] Why podcast promotion is closely related to content
- [4:00] The 3 main goals most podcasters have - and why they
- [6:22] The benefits of viewing your podcast as content
- [10:34] Understand: content marketing takes a while to work
- [16:30] Why I recommend written show note summaries rather than
- [20:55] The power of truly great content: and how “lazy” has no
- [26:40] The power of offsite content marketing.
- [36:50] The key parts of an effective, well-planned content
- [41:08] What we know from the history of promoting online
My assumption is this:
Your podcast is content - great
Therefore the principles and best-practices that have been
learned in the content marketing realm apply to
the promotion of your podcast. In this episode I give
you the full-scoop as I understand it
right now (Sept. 2017) and will continue to do so on future
episodes. This stuff is important - and it changes all the time.
But one fact remains constant, no matter what